BPS Virtual Learning for the History Classroom:
- Google Classroom (classroom.google.com) is used in many classes across the school to organize course material, communicate with students, and have students submit work. Parents and guardians can be logged in with their student’s Boston login or can email teachers asking for parent/guardian access.
- BPS Backpack (http://www.bostonpublicschools.org/backpack): BPS maintains subscriptions to or recommends more than 20 digital tools. Students can visit their ‘Digital Backpack’ and be automatically logged into these tools when they are logged in to Google with their @bostonk12.org address.
- TechBoston Academy’s website: http://www.techbostonacademy.org
- ASPEN where you can check your scholar’s grades and track their progress. Students were provided with letters containing login information at the beginning of school. Please email your student support counselor for help logging in. https://sis.mybps.org/aspen/logon.do
- MEFA, the Massachusetts Educational Financing Authority, Our goal is to help make higher education more affordable and accessible for Massachusetts students and families. MEFA offers many college planning and college savings tools for students and families from elementary school through senior year of college. http://www.mefa.org.
- BRAINPOP: Brainpop (www.brainpop.com) is a fun, interactive learning tool with content across all subject areas. Students have access to this tool through a school-wide account. Students can login using the username: tbatba and the password: techboston.
- Flocabulary: Flocabulary (www.flocabulary.com) is a collection of academic raps and spoken word poetry across all subject areas and including follow-up activities and quizzes. Students have access to Flocabulary through the username: techstudent and the password: techstudent.
- Khan Academy (www.KhanAcademy.org) is a free, interactive online learning tool with content across all subject areas. Khan Academy is occasionally used in the classroom but also offers excellent self-guided learning opportunities in areas from computer science to math and science. Students can create an account and log in using their @Bostonk12.org Google email addresses.